Trip Planner (T-Planner):
Trip Planner is a set of software system which can be owned by commercial trucking companies
as well as own operators to help drivers plan their trips according to employers
specs-processes-routes, weather conditions, traffic or clients specs-processes-routes.
T-Planner would help truck drivers customizes and personalized drivers' trips including diving
schedules-limits, pit stops, choice of fuel stations, rest, ..etc.
T-Planner is an intelligent software which would use both the users' driving habit, schedule
and other drivers using the same routes-spec-clients processes to help drivers customize their
trips for maximum efficiencies and productivities.
T-Planner would help driver from getting lost or need an immediate consultation
with dispatchers or other experienced drivers.
T-Planner is Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system which is data driven.
T-Planner is an intelligent CRM system which would use T-Planner data to optimize
as well as track T-Planner performance and issues.
The following bolt points are the "Trip Planner Check List":
1. Dispatcher and fleet manager contact information and protocols
2. Customer contact information including websites
3. Load, load type information and delivery time
4. Load restrictions (routes and parking)
5. Proper Documents
6. Proper labeling
7. Total load, load limits and load distribution
8. Licenses and permits for truck and loads
9. Operating authorizations
10. Hazardous cargo - security, special routes, placards
11. Hours of Service (14 hrs, 11hrs, 8 hrs, and 30 minutes breaks)
13. Routes restrictions
15. Total miles
16. Bridges and clearance
17. Mountain delays
18. Rush hours delays
19. Border crossing - delays
20. Construction zones - delays
21. Estimated fuel needed
24. Weight stations
25. Estimated total pay for the load
26. Estimated expenses
27. Rest Areas
28. Fuel stops - pricing, showers, food, restaurants, supplies
29. Fuel stations accepted by your employers
30. Repair - service stops and location
31. Your employers service locations
32. Phone list - of all concerned parties
33. Police Stations and contact information
34. States contact information
35. Weather Information
36. Weather delays
37. Winterizing your tractor and trailer
38. Hotel List - prices
39. Cash and credit cards needed
40. Repair Kit
41. Help when "Getting Lost"
42. Fatigue management
43. Navigation tools - manuals
44. List and set up of what to do while driving - audio only (music, radio shows, stories, news, comedy ..)